October 30, 2019 to October 31, 2019
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
The People Place
3402 – 27th Avenue
Suicide is preventable. Anyone can make a difference. Attend the two-day Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) workshop and learn life-saving suicide intervention skills. Widely used by both professionals and the general public, ASIST is open to everyone 16 or older. It offers something to every participant, no matter how experienced.
Over the course of their two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand the ways that personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
• Provide guidance and suicide first aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
• Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
Register now to learn life-saving intervention skills
Date: October 30th & 31st from 8:30 am—4:30 pm.
Where: People’s Place-3402 27 Ave
Subsidized rates for non-profit organizations and Indigenous peoples: $150
Group rates also available
Please Note: Light refreshments will be provided. Please bring your own lunch.
Questions: Naaz Grewal at email@example.com or 250-542-3114.
Cancellation Fee: 50% of registration fee if cancellation is less than 24 hours before the event