Multiple services. 1 door.
For too long, the youth mental health system has been like trying to open a door without a handle. How our current system is set up, finding the proper support can be complicated and overwhelming. Young people can easily fall through the cracks.
Across Canada, only one in five youth receives appropriate mental health support—the very help that could save their lives.
Join us in creating a safe, integrated space where youth are empowered to take the lead in their mental health and wellness journey, where they walk into our doors feeling like they belong.
Youth & Caregivers in our community need more support:
The North Okanagan:
- Has higher than-average rates of suicide.
- Has higher than-average rates of substance use.
- Has the worst overall mental health indicators.
We've talked to youth, caregivers and our community about their key needs:
- Reduced wait times and removal of barriers.
- Improved clarity about where to go for help.
- Supported and seamless transitions when transitions are required. (particularly ages around 17-19)
- Services and support are available evenings and weekends.
- Improved communication and coordination between services.
- Increased outreach support to rural communities.
This support meets the needs by providing:
- Rapid and seamless access to mental health, social service, and primary health support.
- An inclusive environment for youth and their support system.
- Focus on prevention and early intervention. (including psychological services and counselling)
- On-going engagement with youth and community members.
- Array of services/support under one roof. (available outside typical 8am-4pm)
- Integrated case management.
Your support will transform how mental health, social services, and substance use services are delivered in our community to support young people’s well-being.
Together we will create an integrated service hub that provides:
Donate to Open the Door
Cera Yorke (She/Her/Hers)
Manager of Development and Communications
Canadian Mental Health Association – Vernon & District Branch
Tel: 250.542.3114 Ext: 224 – Cell 250.540.8495
3100 28th Avenue, Vernon, BC V1T 1W3