CMHA is a great place to work! We have a positive and fair workplace culture, where staff are provided with opportunities for learning and advancement. We are also big believers in wellness and work-life balance.
If you care about mental illness and mental health and you have the right skills, then CMHA may be the place for you.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
INTERNAL to CMHA BCGEU Members only
Regular, Part-time, 4 on 4 off Nights/Evenings
Job Posting Date: September 28, 2020
Internal Job Posting End Date: October 5, 2020
Start Date: TBD
The Residential Mental Health Worker works as a member of an integrated team to provide structured support services to residents. Monitors residents in accordance with established treatment plans and/or care plan; observes resident’s behaviours and symptoms, documents observations in accordance with standard procedures and or providing verbal reports on changes in the resident’s appearance, behavior, and /or health. Provides support to clients in the development and maintenance of life skills. Demonstrates and models appropriate behaviours and provides support in problem solving and decision making. Assists residents with activities of daily living and participates in activities to support skill development.
• Participates in care planning with clients and Residential Facility Team Lead and other team Performs duties such as reporting observations of client function, mental health status, needs and progress as well as the individual’s preferences, level of acceptance/resistance to services and supports.
• Assist residents in orientation to the residence and community.
• In accordance with established care plans provides education and support to the clients in restoring and developing activities of daily living skills and participates in activities to support skill development
• Safe administration of medication in accordance with the treatment objectives and/or care plans and established policies and procedures.
• Observes and reports any concerns or side effect around medication to Residential Facility Nurse.
• Provides support with practical day to day problem solving for individuals who experience severe challenges in daily living as a result of their mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
• Recognizes and deals with potential emergency situations such as residents’ aggressive behavior to ensure no harm comes to the resident or the public. Reports problems to the Residential Facility Team Lead.
• Ensures a safe and healthy working environment by observing universal precautions and infection control procedures; removing obvious hazards; reporting faulty equipment, accidents, injuries, and near misses; and adhering to and enforcing rules, and reporting requirements regarding CMHA’s safety policies and procedures.
For more details click here: RESIDENTIAL MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
Note: External Applicants may apply for the above positions but will only be considered after the close/end date posted and where positions are unfilled due to a lack of internal applications or adequate qualifications.
There are no external positions at this time.